WHY HAVE A HOME INSPECTION?
BECAUSE ALL DEFECTS ARE NOT THIS OBVIOUS
An obvious defect is not the same as a serious defect
A home inspection is an unbiased visual examination of the physical structure and operating systems of the home.
BENEFITS OF A HOME INSPECTION
• Reduce the risks involved with purchasing a home
• Many defects are not visible to someone who is not trained to recognize them
• A visible defect may be more, or less, serious then you might think
• An unbiased opinion of the structure and components
• Helps you to make an informed decision
• Can save you from costly regrets
• If repairs are needed you can get accurate estimates, not someone's guess
• Defects can be discovered and dealt with before you move in
• Allows you time to prepare for repairs in the immediate future
• Peace of mind knowing the home was examined by an independent professional, I am not affiliated with any real estate firm
BENEFITS OF A SELLERS INSPECTION
• You will see your home through the eyes of a critical and unbiased third party
• You can correct defects before the home is shown
• If necessary, gives you time to shop for and schedule contractors
• May alert you to an immediate concern such as a safety hazard
• May assure a potential buyer that nothing is hidden
• You will know what to expect when the buyer brings in their own home inspector, or...
• The buyer may waive their inspection contingency altogether
• Reduces the chance of defects becoming entangled in negotiations